Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunday sewing

Earlier in the week this little lot was weighing my postman down and making my day :)


16 days to get from hawthorne threads in NY to Northumberland England, with a small hostage situation at UK customs, is not a bad wait at all!
After completing the Color intensive class with Rachel I realised my stash is seriously lacking in monochromatic prints, so I went off in search of some "Stash-gap-fillers" some more Lizzy house pearl bracelets and waterfront park domino dots came to live with me, but I will say I'm at a little bit of a loss as a lot of other prints that in theory should've ticked all the boxes just didn't appeal to me. I like bright overly saturated, high contrast fabric combinations! I think this is partly why I love low volume prints so much - they make the colours POP!


With that in mind I headed off to my stash to find the Queen of brights Anna Maria Horner :D I pulled out All of the fabrics! (I will admit to wanting to roll around in them, however I contented myself with patting the prints...a lot!) Cotton, flannel and voile - Just so Yummy!

Long hoarded prints were stacked and cut until I had nearly 400 strips and by the time I went to bed last night my design wall was looking something like this.


Totally inspired by Maureen's beautiful quilt 
Mine is going to be larger to cover our bed and have a good drop on all sides. 
I hope to get a few of the panels sewn up today, while surrounded by madams Easter eggs and Him in doors is cooking roast lamb for dinner. I'm thinking a walk down to the beach maybe in order too :D 
I hope you have a lovely Easter sunday and get to spend some time doing the things you love with the people you love.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha - must be catching! Have you seen mine? I just did it in March and I LOVE it! Anna Maria and Maureen are two very talented girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that stack of gorgeous colour!! It must have felt like Christmas opening that box! I love all the saturated colour in your braid quilt. It's going to look amazing on your bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh ooh , pretty fabrics! I bet the ransom was painful, but oh so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great inspiration. Are you going to QAYG? I haven't attempted that on a full size quilt. Your colors and fabrics are amazing and I know this will turn out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)