Monday 10 November 2014

Citrus rush!

After plowing through my scrap bin it turns out I had rather a few larger chunks of citrus-y type fabrics, so whats a girl to do but make a quilt with them! 


I adapted the Turning Twenty quilt pattern I love so much and used each scrap for only 1 or 2 of the pieces rather than use a FQ to make each block.


It's backed in another Ikea fabric I really like, some spiky graphic flowers :) 

The serpentine quilting gives it great texture! 


I love how the colours glow! 

And another photo of the backing fabric, because I like it That much! 


This one is listed in my etsy shop ready to head out to a new home. 

Later today I will be teaching a beginners patchwork and quilting class at The Singer sewing centre I'm looking forward to meeting local ladies that have caught the sewing bug, I'll let you all know how it goes! :D


1 comment:

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)