Tuesday 12 March 2013

New camera and tension issues

So after a few years of iphone photos I gave in and bought a proper camera, I am really enjoying getting to know it better but really do feel we have some way to go before we are firm friends...I will admit to being a little awed and slightly intimidated by all of its buttons.


Needless to say all of the photos in this post have been taken with my iPhone, oh the irony! 

 This is my lovely monster of a quilt. The top is made from Laura gunn fabrics mainly the collection before Poppy that I can't think of the name of. 

I really need to get around to painting those boards white rather than sticking things to them! 

The backing is a very sweet pale blue hand dyed fabric, I know it's hand dyed as it was I that dyed it many moons ago :)
I thought I'd be a smarty pants and use a variegated thread to quilt with.


It is super pretty, mainly green with touches of silver and blue. It also did this to the back of my quilt.




So we, yes I enlisted Him in doors to come and help, spent a whole lot of time swearing and unpicking and swearing some more...I'm hoping he was swearing at the quilting and not me! 
I now have the whole thing re-quilted and awaiting a vaguely bright and snow free day for it's photo shoot in the park.


I've started on my stack of Echino fabric again, is it just me that can't cut this stuff up? Another semi wholecloth lap quilt is in the works, a lovely pieced backing (I never piece backings!) and some serpentine quilting.


However turn the quilt over and this is whats been going on! 


Again with the sloppy tension. I'm not sure whats going on with my machine and I'm very much hoping a good clean out and oil down at the weekend will help resolve the issue...

If the sun shines between now and then I will hopefully have some photos to post taken with my new camera of the gargantuan Laura Gunn quilt. 
Hope you have a lovely week sewing! 

2 comments:

  1. Do you de-fluff the machine after every quilt? It might just need a good lint removal to get it going again

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)