That super bright perle cotton toned in really well with the bright florals but just to make sure it wasn't too bold I went with a cream to stitch the horizontal lines.
The binding is my new favourite grey with white spots.
I didn't know I had this many floral or ditzy prints in my stash truth be told but I had fun throwing them all together!
And I had to go with another floral fabric for the backing because it was sitting there just looking so right for it!
It ended up sized for a 22"x22" cushion pad.
Once that one was done I was itching to do another (I did mention in an older post these things are addictive to make!)
So this was whipped together
I pulled a load of animal theme fabrics and two types of quilters linen, sorry I can't remember the shade names right now but I'll go hunt them out if anyone is desperate to know, and set to marking out a quilting grid.
I've quilted each linen square with a different colour thread to try and pick out some of the colours in the animal fabrics.
Yup again with that grey with white dots! I really do love it as a binding :)
The back is a really bright fox fabric from Ikea that I had a small amount of, it only seemed right after hearing Madam play "That fox song" over and over again for the last few days!
I'm coming to realise I do get a kick out of patchworking with squares.
One of my 1st quilt books- a birthday gift from Him in door's mum The gentle art of quilt making by Jane Brocket keeps re-inspiring me to work with the colours of the fabric and the simple shapes I can create to make items that will stand the test of time and my ever changing tastes. I have to say it's been a bit of a shock and revelation as one glance through my Flickr faves will leave you thinking EPP is the way I roll lol I highly recommend the book or having a good browse with the "Look inside" feature of Amazon to get a feel for taking quilts back to simple shapes and colour palettes. Anyway enough waffling on here is the last cushion cover I put together for the heck of it :D
I had a load of Liberty scraps left after making our giant log cabin quilt top and figured it would be rude to let them go to waste!
I machine quilted on the diagonal through the prints and hand stitched through the linen, again with perle 8 (I like the chunky look it gives)
I went with a floral binding for this one!
Really simple linen envelope backing to finish, I thought I'd better calm it down after the fox fabric!
All three of these will be making their way into the shop today...possibly tomorrow after seeing the time!