Monday 31 March 2014

Sunday Morning quilts Bee and Mothersday

Around friday last week I was feeling less than stella with a sore throat and bothersome ear ache, so by Saturday lunch time it was no surprise to anyone that I was leaving work early to come home to hot drinks and my bed. I finally got back out of bed again around 2pm on Sunday afternoon, in BST no longer GMT, having lost an hour with the clocks going forward and boy did that confuse me for the rest of the day! 
I figured I'd get a little sewing done, its low impact and kind of relaxing-the sort of thing you do when you're feeling a little rough around the edges.

I had some Bee blocks to make for the Sunday Morning quilt Bee, we are each choosing a quilt from the book to make for our month and Francesca choose "Missing U" in deep blues surrounding a brown patch.



And Kim went with "Nap like an Egyptian"


These blocks are a lot easier to make than I first thought, however a triangle ruler or a template is a must for keeping the angles right


I still have a ticker tape block to *cough* remake *cough* truth be told I made one and utterly messed it up and need to pick up some more Kona white for the background before giving it another shot! 

That was all the sewing that happened over the weekend, my triangle quilt is still sitting on the wall waiting to be sewn together and the hexies are sloooooowly multiplying while I watch tv...the problem with this is I seem to bulk watch tv then nothing for days and days! 

I thought I would finish the post off with a little showing of my mothers day gifts, my little madam gave me the most beautiful dainty pink flowers and a card. 


The flowers are now on my dressing table looking lovely and brightening my morning.



as a small side note him in doors made my favourite Sunday dinner lamb kleftiko with lemon roast potatoes while the webpage i've linked to has no pictures (that always make me a little sad!)  it is the best recipe I have ever had for this dish and well worth a try if you have occasion for a roast.

8 comments:

  1. Hope the are feeling better. The blocks and the blooms look lovely !

    ReplyDelete

  2. Different regions in the world observe Mother’s day on different dates. It is most commonly celebrated in the months of March
    Mothers day text MSG from son
    Mothers day HD Wallpaper Download
    Funny Mother's day quotes from daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never wrote this blog to earn money or to get fame. But when i did some research i found that so many people are looking to Download I love You MOM wallpapers and no search result on the web is good enough to satisfy the need. So i collected some images which could be use as a wallpaper for your device and all the wallpaper can be easily downloadable by any browsers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, So nice gift idea for Mother's day, this year I will giving flower bouquet to her, she love the flowers most, now we can send flower bouquet online, they are fresh and well designed, see this site to get more ideas of flower bouquet, you will find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really lovely gift for mother, on the occasion of Mother's day, i am going to surprised her by giving her favorite flowers bouquet, flowers are always the best option in gifts to expressing our love, book a flower for special person from this click here they are having some good ideas of gifts for Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you were thinking of sending wishes and love to your loved ones, Flowers Delivery online all set to fulfill your desire. click here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Read. Thanks for sharing. Flowers are the strong way to express your love on mothers day.It is chance to tell your mother what she means to you.So order flower bouquet online and celebrate this mothers day.
    Find more

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you were thinking of sending wishes and love to your loved ones, Flowers Delivery online all set to fulfill your desire.find more

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)